Recent Posts

Monday, May 24, 2010

Primping necessities.

So I have to admit that a certain someone prompted me recently to post, and I feel awfully-bad that I haven't done so for ages! Blogging without bounds (i.e. not for work) is so much more fun, I have to say.

I'm thinking eighth.st.laundry needs a makeover, ASAP. If you have any suggestions/colour schemes/etc. etc., please feel free to leave a comment or even shoot us an email at eightstreetlaundry@gmail.com

On a completely different note, a few notes for this Australian winter:
1. It's going to be cold. Why would I know? I really don't. I'm taking my boss's word for it, because he spent a super-cold winter in Italy.

2. Colder weather means you'll probably need a warm coat & some waterproof boots for those rainy days. You can get a pretty black pair of boots from Sportsgirl at the moment for around $130 and if you wear them in enough, they look vintage. They kind of look like the Dr Martens below(from net-a-porter.com for £100) except they have a more suede-like surface & I think they also come in brown.

3. Camel colours/suedes seemed to feature in AW10 colour palettes for overseas countries that have already had their winter. Try to go for shades which aren't so dull.

4. As much as we love the 80's, try not to go overboard with the makeup, unless it's a dressup party or the like. Makeup for this season should be kept quite minimal; try using a taupe eyeliner instead of black with beautiful shades of brown or colours with golden highlights. To balance out the eyes you can get away with darker shades of lipstick; deep crimsons & watermelons seems to be winners.

5. Don't be afraid to embrace prints. They don't even have to match, so long as they have a similar colour scheme/have some point of similarity. This also includes shoes, which are also crazy as ever.


Don't forget to leave any suggestions for colours/layouts, because when I do get the time to change it, it'd be lovely to have some direction to move along/requests to fulfil (within good reason).

Louis Tiffon

1 comments:

hurley said...

oohhh the coats!!! celine!! camel!!

luurve it louis!

ps. boy that comment would look wierd out of context :)