Recent Posts

Thursday, July 15, 2010

ilk

...is a lovely word indeed. like milk & silk

Oh milk, you are so good for us.

Starting off with a list, because it's apparently a woman's thing and David Ogilvy liked to make a mean list, so why shouldn't we:

1. Went to Waiting For Godot with Ian McKellan last Sunday avec Count Lucifer, intriguing stuff which will be posted up in greater detail later

2. If you want to watch a good hearty love story with French quirks and twists, I say to you:

Watch this film before you die! "Jeux d'enfants" or "Love me if you dare" which is its English title - starring none other than the gorgeous Marion Cotillard and scrumptious Guillaume Canet - has beauty and ugliness, comedy and tragedy, love and hate and other rather epic binary oppositions.

3. Some good blogs/websites for:
a. Breakfast (my favourite meal of the day, I cannot fathom it when people say they haven't had breakfast, I have never once in my life gone without eating something first thing when I wake up)
http://simplybreakfast.blogspot.com/

b. Football nuts and perving on fit men (although the World Cup Fever has died down, being hot never will go out of vogue), note especially the Spanish national team and their goalie Iker Casillas
http://www.kickette.com/

c. indie geek chic tees! shirts with canonical literature printed on them can only be made of win:
http://www.outofprintclothing.com/ShopWomens_a/179.html

d. the good-old Guardian, where the Anglophilic like me get their updates on British news, music and various entertainment:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle

Stay tuned! (ah, but what for?)

PS. freak accident of the day: kicked a ball (a rather good neat kick I must say) into the air which in a massive coincidence happened to hit a little boy riding his bike bang on the head. Said little boy swerved and wobbled a bit before crashing and subsequently crying. His father went to comfort him. Am I a bad person for trying to stifle a laugh at the impossible freakishness of the situation? (don't bother answering, I don't really mind being bad, and the kid was wearing a helmet so all was good)

[discoread]

3 comments:

no name said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
no name said...

Love how "Jeux d'Enfants" in no way translates into "Love Me If You Dare". I didn't think it was that great? Please watch "The Brothers Bloom".

C.L. said...

ahh lists, they are indeedy very enjoyable to compile even if one never actually does the things on them.
loving 1 (im bit biased :P) and 3 b) and c) in particular - those tees make me swoon as do football hotties (Diego Forlan is another commendable mention)!
PS. Awful Confession: I giggled a bit when I read that, and I always laugh deliriously when someone gets injured (not seriously!) in an absurd way like when my sister walked into a tree branch the other day so it's perfectly normal...(?)