Recent Posts

Thursday, June 25, 2009

feeling bookish?

i've been thinking a bit about displaying/storing books lately seeing as I far too many (mostly scummy textbooks) to actually fit in my bookstand, and have resorted to just stacking them in disorderly piles around the place.

Here are some of the interesting spins on the traditional form of book storage - the humble bookcase - that I've come across on Flickr, the design blog desire to inspire and the lovely Kate from love you big (who also provided a link to a personal library to top all others in scale and sheer obssessiveness). I would include a picture of my own bookcase which has a really interesting asymmetrical thing going on, but it's so messy at the moment it's embarrassing.
So with out further ado:
the fun, yet impractical

the chic and modern:


the artisticly cluttered

the, um, descent into book heaven?


c.l.

4 comments:

d.read said...

oh my, I am in love. Literally.

Hurley Who? said...

whooaaa the last and 2nd last ones are soo beautiful haha...

spoken only by a true connoisseur

Louis Tiffon said...

LOVE THEM
though I'll have to get enough $$$ to buy the books to actually put on the shelves if I start one

jet said...

wow, i wish i was that organised.