Recent Posts

Monday, June 15, 2009

Whoa...

I know Louis probably would have written a better post on this, but when I saw these shoes, they were too crazy NOT to post...


Look! Not even a place to support the arch of your foot!! And the colour! The heel!! It's like five crazy shoe concepts all smashed into one super-dooper wacko shoe!

Shoe connisseurs might be drooling, but I don't know.... Practicality always won over style for me. Especially when feet are concerned. They're too important for me to mistreat them :)

Louis - feel free to add any smart-sounding fashion comments on this 'shoe' (aka. crazy contraption for the feet).

~Hurley Who?

1 comments:

Louis Tiffon said...

I have to say it's an interesting meld of several types of shoes into one - it's got that kind of corrugated sole, making it seem more like a sports shoe, street-style graffiti print which draws upon the Cubist movement, making it also artsy, its sole without the arch making it almost runway and crazy height making it fashion-forward.

But I don't think these fusions work particularly well - it doesn't, for me at least, fulfil any particular aesthetic or functional requirement of a shoe at all. The designer of the shoe does deserve some credit though for inventing such weird ideas but perhaps a clearer design suited towards at least a particular function would improve it.