Recent Posts

Friday, September 12, 2008

Bags vs. Shoes?

Apparently there are two types of women: those who love shoes, or those who love bags…but I think the contrary. The quintessence of the world of fashion involves the fusion of both bags and shoes as musts or must-haves to complement and/or make a statement with an outfit. Hence I can draw the conclusion that both are interrelated – i.e. one must complement the other (or contrast in the extremes). But then again, the inessentiality of certain types of bags gives rise to the argument that shoes are more practical, but in counterargument, the impracticality of several shoes gives rise to the argument that bags in certain cases, would be more practical…So as I close my rant, I leave you with some pictures of weird shoes and bags that I have found, courtesy of google images and wikipedia.


It is a funny thing that us humans invent so many useless things (whilst comparing them relative to one another), but even more fascinating that our human race can continue to perpetually do so without losing interest in such elements of oddness, quirkiness, or even the concept of ‘new fashionableness’ – and that is what I find most interesting about fashion.

~Louis Tiffon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not understanding how the cake is a ... bag.

Pâte Brisée said...

I never shop for bags, but go weak for nice shoes. Yet, I have more bags than I have shoes. Whyyyy?

Anonymous said...

lol the cake has a zip along the middle layer of icing & pate brisee, i'm the opposite - i have gazillion more pairs of shoes than bags, although I don't wear them all :D