Recent Posts

Friday, September 26, 2008

Silver Screen Insults

I came across this article recently - The Best Insults from the Silver Screen.

While you can't capture every single insulting moment in the history of film, I reckon these ones are a good pick of the bunch:

“I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.” - John Cleese as a French soldier in Monty Python and the Holy Grail (very Mrs K)

Chris Dewey: You're reading a comic book.

House: And you're calling attention to your bosom by wearing a low-cut top. Oh, I'm sorry; I thought we were having a "State the Obvious" contest. I'm competitive by nature. - Hugh Laurie’s scathing and contemptuous Dr. Gregory House in the Histories episode of House M.D.

“A chat with you and somehow death loses its sting.” - The skeezy Rowan Atkinson in '80s classic, The Black Adder

“To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep who could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs…” - Jamie Lee Curtis, in A Fish Called Wanda

“When I first saw you, I thought you were handsome. Then, of course, you spoke." - Helen Hunt as blunt Carol Connelly in As Good As It Gets


“The details of your incompetence do not interest me.“ - Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada


And finally, perhaps the most famous:

“Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn." - Clark Gable in Gone With the Wind

For all you Gone With the Wind fans, here is the clip:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7z6hpO57c


Hope we're all having great holidays,

~ Hurley Who?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

House is gold, I swear. Although I've heard way funnier Blackadder quotes - go watch the WWI series, it's the best XD. And is it just me, or are old movies really irritating in an unnecessarily melodramatic fashion?

Anonymous said...

lol gone with the wind... sigh
i showed my whole family :)
but that john cleese one was v good and v Mrs K or shall we christen her the Kerminator?

Anonymous said...

haha kerminator.
"I fart in your general direction."
I think she quoted that in one lesson.

And Devil Wears Prada, my gosh, Meryl Streep is brilliant. Wow.
Ahhh. :)