Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Maison Martin Margiela RTW SS09 (Paris)

It's already Day 3 now of the ready-to-wear Spring/Summer 2009 collections showing in Paris & we've come now to have high expectations of the hundred or so designers which are showing there...But I have to say, how is this ready-to-wear? Sure, Paris is the one of the most influential fashion capitals in the world, but talk about practicality in a ready-to-wear collection! - Then again, I guess that I have acted quite hypocritically in accusing such impracticality, seeing as the focus of my attention has been placed incorrectly on the models faces, as opposed to the clothes themselves. The garments themselves are actually quite wearable (considering their limitations/freedoms earned in upholding the house's reputation) & play interestingly with shape and texture.

But I guess the verdict of the collection is, more importantly, for you to decide...& so now, I leave you with a couple of shots from their collection (and yes, more admittedly, the weirder ones that freaked me out just a tad)...

OK, I think I've contradicted myself here in saying that the clothes are quite practical, but you have to admit that it's pretty cool.

OMGosh it's like her head's exploded into a ball of hair...perhaps after prematurely seeking hair-loss treatment in preparation for the assault of the HSC (lol, Hurley Who)


I think I'm seeing double...Is this a tribute to our long lost English Area of Study?

xx,
~ Louis Tiffon

3 comments:

Pâte Brisée said...

I'm so confused right now.

Anonymous said...

please
no more doubles at the moment

Anonymous said...

haha english captain.

TAKE IT BACK